Technician Monitor/Unit Secretary
Company: Ahmc Healthcare Inc.
Location: San Gabriel
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Will provide the non-direct patient care and non-clinical services
necessary to maintain the professional quality and care of the
patient. Will be actively involved in telecommunication between
nursing and all departments involved in the care of the patient.
Will appropriately support the nursing staff, physicians and
ancillary departments. Will interact with patients, their families
and guest in a caring patient and compassionate manner. Responsible
for preparing, compiling and maintaining patient records on the
hospital units. Effective and continuous monitoring and observation
of cardioscope (if applicable).
This position requires the full understanding and active
participation in fulfilling the Mission of San Gabriel Valley
Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate
behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall
support San Gabriel Valley Medical Center's strategic plan and the
goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
* Continuously observes cardiac monitor: appropriate interaction,
maintenance, utilization and documentation.
* Reads, interprets, and documents continue basic and lethal
arrhythmias and respond appropriately by notifying RN of
significant rhythm changes.
* Maintains good quality ECG signals at all times (monitor and
* Maintains monitoring equipment in functional condition; notifies
Biomed for repairs/problems as appropriate.
* Assures ECG monitoring supplies are maintained at appropriate PAR
* Communicates information thoroughly and gives concise report at
change of shift.
* Communicates appropriate information to Team Leaders, Manager,
Director, etc. as appropriate.
* Inputs data into the computer accurately.
* Locates and retrieves data from the computer including
laboratory, diagnostic imaging and other patient related
* Reports all results of diagnostic studies and lab values as soon
as received to the appropriate RN.
* Informs nursing staff of patient, family or physician
* Transcribes physician orders including medications accurately,
concisely and enters data into computer or MAR.
* Checks for and assures patients are properly identified (ID
bands, addressograph, etc.) on admission/transfer and as
* Keeps census accurately updated in the computer and on census log
* Assembles patient charts, identifies forms accurately, enters
appropriate information and maintains an ongoing check for proper
identification and dating of forms.
* Checks and orders stationary supplies and nursing unit supplies
at routine intervals and as needed (maintains adequate PAR
* Maintains a sufficient reserve (PAR) level of patient admission
charts and charting forms.
* Assists with admissions, discharges, transfers, deaths, errands
as required and/or directed.
* Answers Nurse Call system within
Keywords: Ahmc Healthcare Inc., San Gabriel , Technician Monitor/Unit Secretary, Professions , San Gabriel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!