Associate Chief Nursing Officer
Company: Air Combat Effectiveness Consulting Group, LLC
Location: San Gabriel
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Assists CNO in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling all
functions of Clinical Operations. Participates in the Medical
Center's Executive Leadership Team in the absence of the CNO and
upon request for assigned projects. Participates in executing
administrative decisions as these functions relate to and impact
the provision of total patient care. Works collaboratively and
cooperatively with all colleagues, divisions and with members of
the Medical Staff to accomplish the strategic goals and to achieve
and enhance the Mission of the Medical Center. - Creates and
maintains an ambiance that encourages, practices and exudes the
best efforts of professional Nursing Standards. - Promotes
efficiency through sound and effective cost measures with a primary
focus on providing quality health care. - Directly overseas
assigned patient care and support areas to include the supervision
of other manager(s), supervisors and support staffs.
Under the direction of the CNO, provides daily and strategic
administrative oversight and operational control to patient care
units under his/her area of responsibility
This position requires providing managerial/administrative
supervision to clinical departments, which provides care/service
across the continuum of care in a manner that, demonstrates an
understanding of the functional and/or developmental age of the
This position requires the full understanding and active
participation in fulfilling the Mission of San Gabriel Valley
Medical Center. It is expected that the Associate Chief Nurse
Officer demonstrates behavior consistent with the Core Values. The
Associate Chief Nurse Officer shall support San Gabriel Valley
Medical Center's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the
Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
- Contribute to organizational goals and direction.
- Work to ensure nurses provide quality, evidence-based patient
- Ensure proper allocation of financial resources, and monitor
department budgets and spending.
- Evaluate and implement special projects.
- Assist nurse management with leadership and
- Assess the organization's nursing practices to promote better
safety and patient-care delivery.
- Oversee record-keeping and documentation.
- Monitor service quality and procedures, and evaluate
- Analyze areas of planning and operational efficiency and make
recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in planning new services and programs.
- Represent the organization at professional and
- Collaborate with other departments and units to improve
- Plans, directs and coordinates services for unit regarding
operations, nursing practices, short and long term goals, and
- Supervises and coordinates the work of unlicensed and licensed
staff including charge nurses in unit, Quality Assurance, Risk
Management, Clinical Education, Wound Care Services, Patient
Relations/Volunteers, Nursing Informatics, Surgical T-4, and
- Responsible for effective management of operational and
staffing matters, problem solving, training, supplies and equipment
requisites, performance management, conflict resolution,
coaching/disciplinary actions, and hiring/retention of
- Manages quality and effectiveness of care given by
- Advises the CNO of nursing and administrative issues of
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, patient safety and
environmental safety procedures in accordance with regulatory
- Utilizes efficient managerial skills and critical thinking in
order to optimize expense control.
- Ensures development of subordinates and succession
- Recognizes consequences of decisions to budget.
- Responsible for positive staff morale, staff absenteeism
management and low turnover. - Ensures qualified new hires and
vacancies levels are appropriate.
- Prioritizes projects and uses time management to maximize
- Utilizes management process; gather data, identify issue
(goal), identify remedy (objectives), implement and monitor to
ensure expected results are achieved.
- Ensure standards are established and communicated to staff to
ensure effectiveness of department.
- Clearly identifies the customer(s) they serve and establishes
customer service initiatives to ensure ultimate customer service is
provided in order to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Demonstrates good project management skills to ensure targeted
outcomes are achieved.
- Possess general knowledge of wage and hour regulations, record
keeping, OSHA, workers' comp, Department of Labor, EEOC, leave of
absence laws, and complies with company policies and
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources to effectively
handle administrative/labor proceedings.
- Actively engages in self-improvement and training activities
for subordinates to ensure the strategic goals and objectives are
- Demonstrates an understanding of organizational processes and
procedures and adheres to the approved process. - Ensures
subordinates follow approved process and procedures. -
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors in Nursing required, Masters in Nursing preferred
Three years nursing experience to include clinical skills and
Excellent written/verbal communication and computer skills
Experience in budget preparation/operation
Current California Registered Nurse License
Current BLS Card
Current ACLS Card
Keywords: Air Combat Effectiveness Consulting Group, LLC, San Gabriel , Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Executive , San Gabriel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!