Director of Perioperative Services
Company: Air Combat Effectiveness Consulting Group, LLC
Location: San Gabriel
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Director of Perioperative Services in San Gabriel, California -
Careers at San Gabriel Valley Medical Center Skip to Main Content
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your
browser to experience all the personalized features of this site,
including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page
Returning Candidate? Log back in! Director of Perioperative
Services Posted Date 3 days ago (1/12/2021 12:53 AM) Location :
Location US-CA-San Gabriel Overview Under the direction of the
COO/CNO, provides daily and strategic administrative
oversight/service line leadership and operational control to
patient care units under his/her area of responsibility.--This
position requires providing Patient Care managerial/administrative
supervision to department, which provide care/service across the
continuum of care in a manner that, demonstrates an understanding
of the functional and/or developmental age of the individual
- Plans, directs and coordinates services for unit(s) regarding
operations, nursing practices, short and long term goals, and
- Supervises and coordinates the work of unlicensed and licensed
staff including charge nurses in unit.
- Responsible for effective management of operational and
staffing matters, problem solving, training, supplies and equipment
requisites, performance management, conflict resolution,
coaching/disciplinary actions, and hiring/retention of staff.
- Manages quality and effectiveness of care given by staff.
- Advises the COO/CNO of nursing and administrative issues of
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety, infection
control, and environmental procedures in accordance with regulatory
- Utilizes efficient managerial skills and critical thinking in
order to optimize expense control.
- Ensures development of subordinates and succession
- Recognizes consequences of decisions to budget.
- Responsible for positive staff morale, staff absenteeism
management and low turnover. Ensures qualified new hires and
vacancies levels are appropriate.
- Prioritizes projects and uses time management to maximize
- Utilizes management process; gather data, identify issue
(goal), identify remedy (objectives), implement and monitor to
ensure expected results are achieved.
- Ensure standards are established and communicated to staff to
ensure effectiveness of department.
- Clearly identifies the customer(s) they serve and establishes
customer service initiatives to ensure ultimate customer service is
provided in order to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Possess the technical knowledge to appropriately develop
spreadsheets, reports, and budgeting. Demonstrates good project
management skills to ensure targeted outcomes are achieved.
- Possess general knowledge of wage and hour regulations, record
keeping, OSHA, workers' comp, Department of Labor, EEOC, leave of
absence laws, and complies with company policies and
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources to effectively
handle administrative proceedings.
- Actively engages in self-improvement and training activities
for subordinates to ensure the strategic goals and objectives are
- Demonstrates an understanding of organizational processes and
procedures and adheres to the approved process. Ensures
subordinates follow approved process and procedures. Qualifications
- Bachelors in Nursing required, Masters in Nursing
- Must have three (3) years nursing experience to include
clinical skills and managerial/leadership functions.
- Current California RN License.
- Current BLS and ACLS Card.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and computer
- Experience in budget preparation/operation. Facility San
Gabriel Valley Medical Center Req ID req9775 Shift Days Category
Nursing Position Type Regular Full-Time Department Surgery Options
Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend
Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this
moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your
newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Air Combat Effectiveness Consulting Group, LLC, San Gabriel , Director of Perioperative Services, Executive , San Gabriel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!