Principal @ Roosevelt Elementary 2021-2022 School Year
Company: Ponca City Public Schools
Location: San Gabriel
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Applications will be accepted beginning
Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time) Do you know someone who should apply for
this job? Send this job posting to him or her! We'll send an email
and include the job details and a link to this posting.Recipient's
NameRecipient's EmailYour NameYour Email
Send me a copy Principal @ Roosevelt Elementary 2021-2022 School
Ponca City Public Schools
613 East Grand St
Ponca City, OK
Ponca City Public Schools Job Description Elementary School
Principal Date: July 1, 2016 Reports to: Executive Director of
Curriculum and Federal Programs Qualifications: Valid Oklahoma
Teaching Certificate Previous Teaching Experience Master's Degree
Job Goal: Provide leadership for all building level education
services and programs.-- Employment Terms: 10 month Generally, 8.0
Hour Day, Exclusive of a 30 Minute Lunch FLSA Classification:
Exempt Evaluation: Annually by Executive Director of Curriculum and
Federal Programs Physical Demands: This is an overview intended for
compliance with the ADA - it is not an exhaustive list of the
duties to be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific
position. Regular Requirements: Sit for extended periods; twist at
the neck and trunk; bend and reach at, below and above shoulder
level, repetitive use of fingers and hands to grasp and/or operate
equipment; lift/move up to 15 pounds Occasional Requirements: Walk,
reach with hands and arms overhead, above shoulder and
horizontally; lift/move up to 25 pounds Visual Requirements: Close,
color, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus
Hearing/Speaking Requirements: Adequate to exchange information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary administrative officer for the school
- Provides leadership in development and evaluation of short-term
and long-term goals for the school including student growth and
learning, building needs, staffing, and finances.
- Interacts with students to encourage each individual to perform
at their highest level.
- Assigns teachers to classrooms and students to classes.
- Completes performance appraisal on staff, including assistant
principal if applicable.
- Resolves staff problems and provides support to teachers.
- Provides general supervision to students.
- Evaluates performance of teachers, programs and staff.
- Provides in-service training to teachers as needed.
- Prepares the school budget and serves as custodian of activity
- Is responsible for fiscal management of the site.
- Maintains relations with parents, parent groups, school
volunteers and outside agencies.
- Implements policy and procedure changes from the Board, or the
State and Federal level at the building level.
- Complies with state accreditation standards.
- Maintains current information on legal/financial developments
of educational legislative reforms.
- Establishes priorities for education materials to meet the
needs of students and teachers with allowable anticipated
- Works with Central Office personnel to coordinate processes for
the effective functioning of the school.
- Participates in district-wide activities, in-service,
committees, as appropriate.
- Provides information on facility-physical plant as needed.
- Provide oversight of personnel, including recruitment,
selection, assignment, orientation/professional development and
discipline as provided by law and board policy.
- Establishes and maintains a respectful and effective learning
climate which complies with all local, state and federal laws and
board policies. Ensures school activities also follow all laws and
- Maintains a visible and professional relationship with
students, parents, patrons and staff and attends special events
such as award ceremonies, conferences, contests and
- Ensures class schedules are designed to maximize learning and
meet the needs of students.
- Evaluates curriculum and provides proposals for improvement as
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate student records, including
attendance, progress and discipline.
- Oversees regular emergency preparedness planning and
- Prepares and submits required reports to the district central
- Reviews and submits necessary forms to the payroll clerk to
ensure prompt and accurate payment to all assigned employees.
- Attends and participates in meetings and conferences for the
benefit of the district.
- Regularly participates in appropriate professional development
- Utilizes professional behavior in all school related
- Supervises staff attendance and assignment of substitute
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with accreditation
- Performs all other tasks as supervisor may assign.
Keywords: Ponca City Public Schools, San Gabriel , Principal @ Roosevelt Elementary 2021-2022 School Year, Education / Teaching , San Gabriel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!