Company: Ahmc Healthcare Inc.
Location: San Gabriel
Posted on: September 15, 2022
* Provides clerical support and services to meet specific needs of
Med/Surg Acute 4th Fl unit. Participates in and coordinates
telecommunications between nursing and all departments. Is
responsible for preparing, compiling and maintaining patient
records. Coordinates maintenance of office supplies and forms PAR
levels and nurse's station. Communicates effectively with all
customers and assures accurate maintenance of a patient's medical
record. Answers call lights in a timely manner. Transcribes orders
* This position requires the full understanding and active
participation in fulfilling the Mission of San Gabriel Valley
Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate
behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall
support San Gabriel Valley Medical Center's strategic plan and the
goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
* Communicates information thoroughly and gives concise report at
change of shift.
* Communicates appropriate information to Charge Nurses , team
leaders, Director, etc. as appropriate.
* Writes neatly and legibly.
* Inputs data into the computer accurately.
* Locates and retrieves data from the computer including
laboratory, diagnostic imaging and other patient related
* Reports all results of diagnostic studies and lab values as soon
as received to the appropriate RN.
* Informs nursing staff of patient, family or physician
* Answers Nurse Call
* Receives and places telephone calls to all hospital departments
* Notifies appropriate staff to receive telephone calls.
* Transcribes physician orders including medications accurately,
concisely and enters data into computer or MAR.
* Checks for and assures patients are properly identified (ID
bands, addressograph, etc.) on admission/transfer and as
* Keeps census accurately updated in the computer and on census log
* Assembles patient charts, identifies forms accurately, enters
appropriate information and maintains an ongoing check for proper
identification and dating of forms.
* Checks and orders stationary supplies and nursing unit supplies
at routine intervals and as needed (maintains adequate PAR
* Maintains a sufficient reserve (PAR) level of patient admission
charts and charting forms.
* Assists with admissions ensuring all necessary equipment on a
timely manner ; discharges ; transfers ; deaths ; errands as
required and/or directed.
* Answers Nurse Call system within
Keywords: Ahmc Healthcare Inc., San Gabriel , Secretary Unit, Administration, Clerical , San Gabriel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!